Stay informed on mental-health issues
Hotlines & Chat Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Local Hotline for Central Texas: 1-800-841-1255
- Para llamadas en Espanol: 1-888-628-9454
- National Crisis Text/Chat Line: Text CONNECT to 741741
- Hotline for Domestic Violence: 1-800-799-SAFE
- Hotline & Resources for LGBTQ youth
- Find Behavioral Health Treatment
- Find Treatment
- Bluebonnet Trails Community Services: Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Williamson counties
- Hill Country MHDD Center: Hays County
- Integral Care (Travis County): Travis Provides services for anyone who needs immediate support, ongoing counseling to improve mental health, drug and alcohol treatment to help with recovery, and housing to regain health and independence.
- How to Find Your Local Mental Health Center
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Central Texas: A service for adults living with mental-health conditions. Support offered for family members, partners, parents, teachers, co-workers and others. They offer free classes, workshops, and support groups.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Texas Health and Human Services: A great resource list.
- Lifeworks: Free and affordable services for youth & families including counseling, housing, education/workforce and youth.
- OutYouth: A safe place for youth of all sexual orientations and gender identities to be themselves.
- Mental Health Channel tv
- Teen’s Health
- Ok To Talk: A place to share what is on your mind.
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration): Assisting with mental illness and substance abuse in young adults.
- Tune Into Life: Tools, webinars, events, and other resources to help teens dealing with issues including suicide, drugs, bullying, and more. 24×7 Crisis Hotline for Central TX: 800-841-1255
- The Trevor Project: The group provides information and support to LGBTQ young people, 24×7, including crisis intervention and suicide prevention. Hotline: 866-488-7386
- A PDF Roadmap to Mental Health
- Medical Access Program: Covers medical care for qualifying Travis County residents.
- Psychiatric Emergency Services: Walk-in clinic for adults and children having a mental health crisis.
- Austin Oaks: Mental health and substance abuse facility offering inpatient care, outpatient care, and other services.